things I know.
If I had the answers for everything I could probably explain things like why bad things happen to good people, why quarter-life crises are good for building character and why good shoes are always so expensive. But sadly, I don't. I dread Monday mornings like the next girl and wish I had all the wisdom in the world to make the right decision every time. But part of being a grown-up is doing the hard thing because it is the right thing.
Being faced with challenges can be stressful. The unknown is a scary place. But you will come out better in the end in spite of what you have to work through to get there. But just in case this isn't enough of a consolation, I've compiled a list of my favorite affirmations to remind you that ultimately the hardest/ easiest decision you ever have to make is to just be happy:
- I am calm in the face of conflict.
- I trust my inner wisdom and intuition.
- Fear flows through me but it is not me.
- I know life is too short to dwell on negativity.
- I refuse to believe my own excuses.
- I release my need to compare myself to others.
- I release my need to impress others.
- I choose to be myself & allow others to be themselves.
- I judge myself by my own standards of success.
- I choose to accept myself just the way I am.
- I release my attachment to everything that no longer serves me.
- I am making space for more success to come into my life.
- All I have to do is take the first step.
- Even if I take a wrong turn, I can find another route.
- I appreciate life more today than I did yesterday.
- I am committed to accomplishing my goals, despite all the mistakes I make along the way.
- Instead of being discouraged by how far I still have left to go, I choose to be grateful for how far I’ve already come.
- I embrace this opportunity to be better than I was yesterday.
- No matter what happens, I give myself credit for daring to try.
- The timing will never be perfect.
- I choose to take responsibility for my own happiness.
- I choose to focus only on what I can control.
- I honor my need to rest and recharge.
- I go out of my way to meet people I admire & respect.
- I am comfortable asking for what I want because I know I deserve it.
- I allow myself to be open to new opportunities and possibilities.
- No matter what happens today, I will remember the truth that I am beautiful, powerful and free.